It is that time of year again to sign-up for our BIGGEST FUNDRAISER OF THE YEAR! Please note incentives below and reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions. All families are asked to participate in this event.
(8th through 12th Grade Boys Basketball Families have been included in this communication)
Boys Basketball Program Volunteer Incentives:
2 shift (8 hours) – ½ of Summer League paid by Booster Club ($60)
**Please note, registration is first come first allowed for Summer League. Space is limited. Registration information will be given to players prior to end of school year**
3 shifts (12 hours) – Warm-up top covered by Booster Club.
**If you work 12 hours and do not make a basketball team next season, you are still eligible for a warm-up top if you like. You will not be reimbursed monetarily for hours worked. Also, you must work 12 hours for warm-up top even if you are not accepted into Summer League**
4 shifts (16 hours) – Warm-up top and pants covered by Booster Club.
**If you work 16 hours and do not make a basketball team next season, you are still eligible for a warm-up top only if you like. You will not be reimbursed monetarily for hours worked. Also, you must work 16 hours for warm-up top and pants even if you are not accepted into Summer League**
AAU Tournament shifts will be as followed:
- 6 people will be needed for set-up at FHS to prepare for weekend tournament. This includes bringing all items from dock to concessions and set up concessions. Set up tables and timeclocks in gyms for all games and for trainer. Set up front admissions tables and hang signs in halls and around gym areas.
Saturday, 4/14/18 & Sunday, 4/15/18:
- Timeclocks: 1 player per/per shift (5 games per hour plus a runner), 7am-11am, 11am-3pm, 3pm-7pm, 7pm-11pm *Please note, games will most likely be completed prior to 11pm*
- Admissions: 2 volunteers per shift, 7am-11am, 11am-3pm, 3pm-7pm, 7pm-11pm *Please note, games will most likely be completed prior to 11pm but Admissions volunteers are required to stay until after half-time of start of last game of the evening for 7pm-11pm shift*
- Concessions: 3 volunteers per shift, 7am-11am, 11am-3pm, 3pm-7pm, 7pm-11pm *Please note, games will most likely be completed prior to 11pm but Concessions volunteers are required to stay until end of shift and help with any other clean-up necessary. Shift will end earlier then 11pm for last shift each night. At least 1 adult must be working in concession stand with players. Players must be 10th grade or 17 and older to work in stand. Please sign up players on timeclocks prior to signing them up in Concessions. We ask that players only be signed up to work concessions if they have an adult in their family that cannot work during the tournament. Coach Johnson will provide timeclock information to players.
- If games end prior to 7pm shifts on Sunday night, we ask that volunteers still arrive at high school and help with any clean-up necessary.
If any shift is completed or you are dismissed prior to the 4 hours, you will receive credit for 4 hours worked (1 shift). All volunteers MUST sign-in once they arrive for their shift or they will NOT receive credit for their shift. If all shifts for this tournament are filled and your family has not completed their shifts. We will discuss future available shifts for other events. This is only if ALL shifts fill at this tournament.
We are also allowing the current 8th grade travel players (next year’s 9th graders) to work shifts during this weekend.
All Board members will have hours covered due to the hours they fulfill throughout the year if they are elected to a position for the upcoming 2018-2019 Season but we are asking ALL families whether on the board or not to participate.
Brackets for tournament will be confirmed week of tournament. It is possible some shifts may change. If your shift gets canceled, we ask that you take on a different shift if possible.